From: George Bosilca (bosilca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-07 14:08:36

Well note that I hardly know anything about rcache too it's just an
empty framework right now ... I just notice it break my compilation :)

The mkdir + make -k is maybe not the best (or simplest) solution but
for ompi is definitively the fastest. If I modify the Makefile.am the
build system will detect it and regenerate the correct makefile.
Except the dependencies ... that's why we have to create the .deps
directory and then force the make to create them.

I know it's weird, but it's fast enough to make me forget about the
weirdness.

   Thanks,
     george.

On Sep 7, 2005, at 2:47 PM, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:

> Hi George,
>
> (Note I know hardly anything about rcache, or mca for that matter,
> but a
> bit about Automake)
>
> * George Bosilca wrote on Wed, Sep 07, 2005 at 08:29:44PM CEST:
>
>> It can happpens that the compilation will fails after the rcache
>> commit. It's again a dependency problem. You just have to go in the
>> ompi/mca/rcache/base directory (in the tree where you compile) and
>> do:
>> mkdir .deps
>> make -k
>>

> This is weird. When exactly do you have to do this (added source
> files,
> added header files)? What is the error you get if you don't do it
> (copy
> and paste)? And does it go away if you issue
> ./config.status --recheck
> ./config.status
> in the toplevel build directory?
>
> Cheers,
> Ralf

"Half of what I say is meaningless; but I say it so that the other
half may reach you"
                                   Kahlil Gibran