From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-01 05:38:33

On Sep 1, 2005, at 12:37 AM, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:

>> For some component it work as expected because on the revision 7106
>> the
>> -I$(top_srcdir)/opal/libltdl has been added to the AM_CPPFLAGS in the
>> Makefile.am. As most of our code use components there is a dependency
>> between nearly every file in the ompi source code and the ldtl.h file.
>> Having to modify all the Makefile.am is a herculean task ...

First off, this is clearly a mistake. There are only a *very* small
number of files in the OPAL base that need ltdl.h. There's no reason
it should be a dependency for the majority of the tree.

I see the issue in the source code, and I'll fix it
(opal/mca/base/base.h, which is widely included throughout the tree,
has declarations of some internal functions).

> Ah, ok, I was blind then, in thinking only the parts that compiled over
> here used ltdl.h. There are a couple of ways to add include paths to
> many Makefile.am's: You could leverage config/Makefile.options, and set
> a default value for AM_CPPFLAGS (surely you have to change the
> Makefile.am's once to only add to AM_CPPFLAGS afterwards; or, maybe
> better, to add some other variable CPPFLAGS_LTDL set in
> Makefile.options).

I'll add the relevant -I's and fix up all the remaining #include
statements while I'm at it (there's a few places where ltdl.h is
included).

--
{+} Jeff Squyres
{+} jsquyres_at_[hidden]