This web mail archive is frozen.
This page is part of a frozen web archive of this mailing list.
You can still navigate around this archive, but know that no new mails
have been added to it since July of 2016.
Click here to be taken to the new web archives of this list; it includes all the mails that are in this frozen archive plus all new mails that have been sent to the list since it was migrated to the new archives.
Several people have asked lately what I am planning to do next on
ORTE. Just to help maintain coordination, here is my current list of
planned activities (in priority order). Any requests/suggestions are
welcomed - this isn't in concrete by any means.
1. Add George's architecture info to the proc subscription
2. Investigate and plug memory leaks, particularly in the registry
3. Remove warning when default universe can't be contacted, but leave
it in for non-default universes
4. Eliminate singleton and infrastructure flags - just do what needs
to be done. Believe the singleton one can be done - infrastructure is
not quite as clear
5. Revise system to allow existence of multiple cells and to create
associations between jobid's - involves removing cellid from process
name, creation of job "groups", and a variety of associated
alterations. This is needed to allow multiple apps to run and for
correct persistent operations ala the Eclipse effort.