From: David Daniel (ddd_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-18 17:34:13

On Aug 18, 2005, at 4:24 PM, Brian Barrett wrote:

> On Aug 18, 2005, at 4:53 PM, David Daniel wrote:
>

>> A question for those who did the ROMIO port...
>>
>> The ROMIO component seems to be based on version 1.2.5.1 (the last
>> version of ROMIO released independently). Did anyone make any
>> progress using the ROMIO from later MPICH's (version 1.2.6 etc.)?
>> Seems to me these are fairly broken as far as compatibility with
>> other MPIs is concerned.
>>
>> Thanks, David
>>

> Yes, we took the last stable individual release of ROMIO for OMPI.
> We haven't looked at bringing in the MPICH-integrated releases. I'm
> not sure how hard it will be to rip out the MPICH-specific stuff from
> ROMIO, but at this point, it would take some work to replicate
> everything we did to integrate ROMIO into OMPI. Is this a 1.0
> requirement?

No -- Don't panic! The parallel I/O folks here are just interested in
seeing whether there are fixes in later versions that would help with
performance.

I was trying to port 1.2.6 into LA-MPI but it is painful (i.e.
broken) with an MPI implementation that doesn't have MPI_Info
defined. My guess is it will be easier with Open MPI.

David