From: Brian Barrett (brbarret_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-18 17:24:11

On Aug 18, 2005, at 4:53 PM, David Daniel wrote:

> A question for those who did the ROMIO port...
>
> The ROMIO component seems to be based on version 1.2.5.1 (the last
> version of ROMIO released independently). Did anyone make any
> progress using the ROMIO from later MPICH's (version 1.2.6 etc.)?
> Seems to me these are fairly broken as far as compatibility with
> other MPIs is concerned.
>
> Thanks, David

Yes, we took the last stable individual release of ROMIO for OMPI.
We haven't looked at bringing in the MPICH-integrated releases. I'm
not sure how hard it will be to rip out the MPICH-specific stuff from
ROMIO, but at this point, it would take some work to replicate
everything we did to integrate ROMIO into OMPI. Is this a 1.0
requirement?

Brian