From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-17 10:36:54

I thought that we set the remote group equal to the local group in
communicator setup such that ompi_comm_remote_size() was *always* safe
to call...?

This no longer seems to be true -- while debugging the IMB (previously
the pallas benchmarks), I found that calling
ompi_comm_remote_size(comm) would return 0 and ompi_comm_size(comm)
would return 2 for a simple intracommunicator. This was with:

        mpirun -np 2 IMB-MPI1 Reduce

Has something changed in communicator setup?

--
{+} Jeff Squyres
{+} The Open MPI Project