From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-17 10:20:05

On Aug 17, 2005, at 10:39 AM, Jeff Squyres wrote:

> A similar situation is true for MPI_REDUCE_SCATTER -- PMB is passing in
> an array of recvcounts that are all 0.
> I'll do 2 things for this:
> 1. Mail the PMB guys and tell them about this problem
{+} Jeff Squyres
{+} The Open MPI Project
Even more on this...

Pallas was absorbed by Intel. So the latest version is not PMB 2.2,
it's the IMB 2.3 (Intel MPI Benchmark, which you can download from

IMB 2.3 still does these 0 byte reduces, so I'll mail them about it.

But there are bugs in PMB 2.2 that cause a no-op 0-byte Reduce_scatter
to invoke a seg fault in the PMB code base. These bugs are fixed in
IMB 2.3.

{+} Jeff Squyres
{+} jsquyres_at_[hidden]