From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-15 07:09:16

On Aug 14, 2005, at 8:53 AM, Gleb Natapov wrote:

> Lets say application wants to send buffer B to 100 other ranks. It does
> 100 MPI_Isend (B).

This is actually an erroneous MPI program. MPI specifically states
that a buffer can be used for exactly one communication at a time.

I don't know if this matters or not, because users will likely still do
it, but I thought I'd bring up the point... :-)

(returning to [lurk mode] on this thread...)

--
{+} Jeff Squyres
{+} The Open MPI Project