From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-13 13:47:39

It finally happened -- OPAL has sprouted 2 frameworks:

- memory: which Brian described in an earlier mail (although it's a
little different than all of our other frameworks -- the components in
this framework are generally designed for either LD_PRELOADing or
statically linked into libopal, which is why some of the other
configure changes came in at about the same time [a component
specifically saying that it can only be built as a DSO or as rolled up
in a higher-level library])

- paffinity: process affinity, per the mail that I sent around a while
ago. The linux 2.6 component is complete; I need to do a little
testing/debugging to get it to work on the back-ported 2.4 Linux
process affinity kernels (the API is different). I started a Solaris
component as well, just for kicks (because it looked darn simple).

Nothing yet calls paffinity -- I'll be working on that next. The first
cut will probably be all based on MCA params (i.e., the user must
specifically ask for it).

--
{+} Jeff Squyres
{+} The Open MPI Project