From: Brian Barrett (brbarret_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-12 15:46:53

On Aug 12, 2005, at 3:22 PM, Nathan DeBardeleben wrote:

> Thanks, trying that now. While I'd like those things in the long run,
> they're not needed right now to test what I'm trying to test. Will
> let
> you know how it goes! (What's the problem, by the way?)

The problem is that I key off the target host string to decide what
assembly to use for the atomic operations. For most 64 bit
platforms, the architecture string is the same for 32/64 bit and then
you use sizeof(long) to determine whether to use 32 or 64 bit
instructions. So what I need to add to the configure script is a
check if we're on x86_64 that if sizeof(long) == 4, we use the
assembly for x86, not x86_64.

Brian

--
   Brian Barrett