From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-08 09:11:11

You should not need to re-run autogen.sh after a Makefile.am changes --
you only need to re-run autogen.sh if a .m4 file or configure.ac
changes. See the HACKING file.

Makefile's should be automatically regenerated during "make all" if
their corresponding Makefile.am's were modified (dependencies in the
Makefile ensure that the appropriate rules are triggered). However, if
there's a error during the regeneration of the Makefile, this kind of
thing can happen. Can you verify that your Makefile was not properly
regenerated from the changed Makefile.am?

On Aug 8, 2005, at 10:07 AM, Gleb Natapov wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 07:44:48AM -0600, Ralph H. Castain wrote:
>> Very interesting - it built fine for me (building static). However,
>> the ns_base_nds.c file is "stale", so I just committed a "delete" of
>> that file. It shouldn't have been building anyway as it isn't in the
>> Makefile. My guess, therefore, is that you are building dynamically
>> and are encountering the old "stale library" problem.
>>
> It was in my Makefile! I didn't run autogen.sh after svn update.
> Thanks.
>
>> My commit won't fix that situation, unfortunately. If you are
>> building dynamically, you need to remove your libraries (do an rm -rf
>> of the directory root your provided as --prefix) to fix the problem.
>>
>> Ralph
>>
>> At 07:29 AM 8/8/2005, you wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I've got this compile error with the latest svn code.
>>>
>>> mca/ns/base/.libs/
>>> libmca_ns_base.a(ns_base_local_fns.o)(.text+0xfa7): In
>>> function `orte_ns_base_get_peers':
>>> /home/glebn/OpenMPI_latest/ompi/orte/mca/ns/base/
>>> ns_base_local_fns.c:609:
>>> multiple definition of `orte_ns_base_get_peers'
>>> mca/ns/base/.libs/libmca_ns_base.a(ns_base_nds.o)(.text+0x116):/
>>> home/glebn/OpenMPI_latest/ompi/orte/mca/ns/base/ns_base_nds.c:31:
>>> first defined here
>>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>>> make[2]: *** [liborte.la] Error 1
>>> make[2]: Leaving directory
>>> `/export/home/glebn/OpenMPI_latest/ompi/orte'
>>> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>>> make[1]: Leaving directory
>>> `/export/home/glebn/OpenMPI_latest/ompi/orte'
>>> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>>>
>>> --
>>> Gleb.

{+} Jeff Squyres