From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-22 06:03:46

There appear to be 2 bproc problems in the tree right now:

1. I mailed Tim Prins / Greg Watson about one of them already (trying
to compile bproc on systems that don't have bproc -- perhaps related to
the .ompi_unignore from last night?).

2. The second was noticed by Joel Krauska from Cisco (he'll probably be
on this list shortly). Here's a mail he sent to me last night:

> I haven't done the due diligence to attempt to disable the bproc stuff
> -- it just appears to not agree with my system and it's in the stock
> "make".. I will later read the documentation, but it looks like
>
> ompi/orte/mca/pls/bproc_seed/pls_bproc_seed.c:446
> rc = bproc_vrfork(num_nodes, node_list, daemon_pids);
>
> conflicts with my scyld system's
> /usr/include/sys/bproc.h
> int bproc_vrfork (int *nodes, int nnodes);

Right now, I think we're just checking for bproc.h to determine if the
system has bproc -- we're not doing anything to figure out *which*
bproc you have (LANL vs. Scyld).

Does anyone have any Scyld machines lying around? The prototype for
vrfork() is one indicator, but not the easiest to test fork -- are they
any other telltale #define's or such that we can use for testing in
configure?

--
{+} Jeff Squyres
{+} The Open MPI Project