From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-20 05:48:48

On Jul 20, 2005, at 2:26 AM, Matt Leininger wrote:

>> Any advice here from the Open MP community would also be
>> appreciated...
>>
> Please keep in mind we need this to work for both MPI+OpenMP and MPI
> +pthread hybrid apps.

Yes, I think what we loosely concluded here is:

1. We'll have a framework for process affinity (should be pretty easy
to do) to accommodate the different available APIs.
2. We'll discuss next week where this framework will fit in the
opal/orte/ompi stack. I imagine it'll do some kind of default
processor affinity with user-overridable options.
3. We'll probably have a second framework for memory affinity (it's a
fundamentally different beast than process affinity). Haven't really
discussed this much yet -- we'll start those discussions next week.

--
{+} Jeff Squyres
{+} The Open MPI Project