From: Tim S. Woodall (twoodall_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-18 15:57:41

Josh Hursey wrote:

>So I have been working a variety of platforms [x86 32 bit, x86 64 bit,
>PPC 64 bit]. As of SVN Revision 6541 below are the current failures
>from the intel_tests suite. For all of these tests I used "tcp,self"
>PTLs and the TEG PML.
>
>On x86-32, x86-64, PPC64
>-------------------------
>MPI_Send_self_f
>MPI_Send_self_c
>MPI_Send_init_self_c

This will be true for all platforms w/ the ptl code - as it does no
buffering. The intel
tests are incorrect - in that they assume the implementation provides
some degree of
buffering (blocking sends are called before receive is posted).

The btl code will buffer up to a configurable eager limit - which I've
set by default
to be large enough to pass the intel tests.

Tim