From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-18 08:39:41

A month or two ago, I gave the LANL guys an overview of IU's goals with
respect to OMPI. There were several "Ohhh! So *that's* why you guys
were asking for X, Y, and Z..." from the LANL guys during my
presentation. As such, I think it was really helpful for everyone to
understand our motivations.

It's not that we were previously hiding them -- we just never got
around to explicitly sharing them.

I think we should have similar presentations at the upcoming meeting.
Can someone from each core organization (LANL, IU, UTK, HLRS) give a
10-15 minute presentation (or whatever) listing all your goals and
ambitions with OMPI? Separate them into short- and long-term goals, if
possible.

For example, I'll talk about IU's MPI-2 one-sided efforts, our plans
for PBS and SLURM, and our future efforts for fault
tolerance/checkpoint restart.

Thanks!

--
{+} Jeff Squyres