The Open MPI Team, representing a consortium of research, academic, and industry partners, is pleased to announce the release of Open MPI version 1.8.
This is the initial release of the new OMPI stable series, replacing the v1.6 series which is now retired.
Changes in this release include:
- Commit upstream ROMIO fix for mixed NFS+local filesystem environments.
- Several fixes for MPI-3 one-sided support. For example,
arbitrary-length datatypes are now supported.
- Add config support for the Mellanox ConnectX 4 card.
- Add missing MPI_COMM_GET|SET_INFO functions, and missing
MPI_WEIGHTS_EMPTY and MPI_ERR_RMA_SHARED constants. Thanks to
Lisandro Dalcin for pointing out the issue.
- Update some help messages in OSHMEM, the usnic BTL, the TCP BTL, and
ORTE, and update documentation about ompi_info's --level option.
- Fix some compiler warnings.
- Ensure that ORTE daemons are not bound to a single processor
if TaskAffinity is set on by default in Slurm. Thanks to Artem Polyakov
for identifying the problem and providing a patch