This web mail archive is frozen.
This page is part of a frozen web archive of this mailing list.
You can still navigate around this archive, but know that no new mails
have been added to it since July of 2016.
Click here to be taken to the new web archives of this list; it includes all the mails that are in this frozen archive plus all new mails that have been sent to the list since it was migrated to the new archives.
The Open MPI Team, representing a consortium of research, academic,
and industry partners, is pleased to announce the release of Open MPI
version 1.2.9. This release is mainly a bug fix release over the v1.2.8
release. This is the last planned release from the 1.2 series.
We strongly recommend that all users upgrade to the 1.3 series
Version 1.2.9 can be downloaded from the main Open MPI web site or
any of its mirrors (mirrors will be updating shortly).
Here is a list of changes in v1.2.9 as compared to v1.2.8:
- Fix a segfault when using one-sided communications on some forms of derived
datatypes. Thanks to Dorian Krause for reporting the bug. See #1715.
- Fix an alignment problem affecting one-sided communications on
some architectures (e.g., SPARC64). See #1738.
- Fix compilation on Solaris when thread support is enabled in Open MPI
(e.g., when using --with-threads). See #1736.
- Correctly take into account the MTU that an OpenFabrics device port
is using. See #1722 and
- Fix two datatype engine bugs. See #1677.
Thanks to Peter Kjellstrom for the bugreport.
- Fix the bml r2 help filename so the help message can be found. See #1623.
- Fix a compilation problem on RHEL4U3 with the PGI 32 bit compiler
caused by <infiniband/driver.h>. See ticket #1613.
- Fix the --enable-cxx-exceptions configure option. See ticket #1607.
- Properly handle when the MX BTL cannot open an endpoint. See ticket #1621.
- Fix a double free of events on the tcp_events list. See ticket #1631.
- Fix a buffer overun in opal_free_list_grow (called by MPI_Init).
Thanks to Patrick Farrell for the bugreport and Stephan Kramer for
the bugfix. See ticket #1583.
- Fix a problem setting OPAL_PREFIX for remote sh-based shells.
See ticket #1580.
Tim Mattox, Ph.D.
Open Systems Lab