The Open MPI Team, representing a consortium of research, academic,
and industry partners, is pleased to announce the release of Open MPI
version 1.2.6. This release is mainly a bug fix release over the v1.2.5
release, but there are few new features. We strongly recommend
that all users upgrade to version 1.2.6 if possible.
Version 1.2.6 can be downloaded from the main Open MPI web site or
any of its mirrors (mirrors will be updating shortly).
Here is a list of changes in v1.2.6 as compared to v1.2.5:
- Fix a bug in the inter-allgather for asymmetric inter-communicators.
Thanks to Martin Audet fro the bug report. See ticket #1247.
- Fix a bug in the openib BTL when setting the CQ depth. Thanks
to Jon Mason for the bug report and fix. See ticket #1245.
- On Mac OS X Leopard, the execinfo component will be used for
backtraces, making for a more durable solution. See ticket #1246.
- Added vendor IDs for some QLogic DDR openib HCAs. See ticket #1227.
- Updated the URL to get the latest config.guess and config.sub files.
Thanks to Ralf Wildenhues for the bug report. See ticket #1226.
- Added shared contexts support to PSM MTL. See ticket #1225.
- Added pml_ob1_use_early_completion MCA parameter to allow users
to turn off the OB1 early completion semantic and avoid "stall"
problems seen on InfiniBand in some cases. See ticket #1224.
- Sanitized some #define macros used in mpi.h to avoid compiler warnings
caused by MPI programs built with different autoconf versions.
Thanks to Ben Allan for reporting the problem, and thanks to
Brian Barrett for the fix. See ticket #1220.
- Some man page fixes from the Debian maintainers. See ticket #1219.
- Made the openib BTL a bit more resilient in the face of driver
errors. See ticket #1217.
- Fixed F90 interface for MPI_CART_CREATE. See ticket #1208.
Thanks to Michal Charemza for reporting the problem.
- Fixed some C++ compiler warnings. See ticket #1203.
- Fixed formatting of the orterun man page. See ticket #1202.
Thanks to Peter Breitenlohner for the patch.
Open Systems Lab