The Open MPI Team, representing a consortium of research, academic,
and industry partners, is pleased to announce the release of Open MPI
version 1.1.5. This release is mainly a bug fix release over the
v1.1.4 release. Version 1.1.5 can be downloaded from the main Open
MPI web site or any of its mirrors (mirrors will be updating shortly).
Version 1.1.5 is expected (hoped) to be the last release in the v1.1
series; the 1.2 series has already been released and supersedes the
v1.1 series. For users who cannot upgrade to the 1.2 series, we
strongly recommend upgrading to version 1.1.5 if possible.
Here is a list of changes in v1.1.5 as compared to v1.1.4:
- Implement MPI_TYPE_CREATE_DARRAY function.
- Fix race condition in shared memory BTL startup that could cause MPI
applications to hang in MPI_INIT.
- Fix syntax error in a corner case of the event library. Thanks to
Bert Wesarg for pointing this out.
- Add new MCA parameter (mpi_preconnect_oob) for pre-connecting the
"out of band" channels between all MPI processes. Most helpful for
MPI applications over InfiniBand where process A sends an initial
message to process B, but process B does not enter the MPI library
for a long time.
- Fix for a race condition in shared memory locking semantics.
- Add major, minor, and release version number of Open MPI to mpi.h.
Thanks to Martin Audet for the suggestion.
- Fix the "restrict" compiler check in configure.
- Fix a problem with argument checking in MPI_TYPE_CREATE_SUBARRAY.
- Fix a problem with compiling the XGrid components with non-gcc