This web mail archive is frozen.
This page is part of a frozen web archive of this mailing list.
You can still navigate around this archive, but know that no new mails
have been added to it since July of 2016.
Click here to be taken to the new web archives of this list; it includes all the mails that are in this frozen archive plus all new mails that have been sent to the list since it was migrated to the new archives.
The Open MPI Team, representing a consortium of research, academic,
and industry partners, is pleased to announce the release of Open MPI
version 1.1.3. This release is mainly a bug fix release over the the
v1.1.2 release. Version 1.1.3 can be downloaded from the main Open
MPI web site or any of its mirrors (mirrors will be updating shortly).
We strongly recommend that all users upgrade to version 1.1.3 if
Here are a list of changes in v1.1.3 as compared to v1.1.2:
- Fixed 64-bit alignment issues with TCP interface detection on
intel-based OS X machines.
- Adjusted TCP interface selection to automatically ignore Linux
channel-bonded slave interfaces.
- Fixed the type of the first parameter to the MPI F90 binding for
MPI_INITIALIZED. Thanks to Tim Campbell for pointing out the
- Fix a bunch of places in the Fortran MPI bindings where (MPI_Fint*)
was mistakenly being used instead of (MPI_Aint*).
- Fixes for fortran MPI_STARTALL, which could sometimes return
incorrect request values. Thanks to Tim Campbell for pointing out
- Include both pre- and post-MPI-2 errata bindings for
- Fix math error on Intel OS X platforms that would greatly increase
shared memory latency.
- Fix type casting issue with MPI_ERRCODES_IGNORE that would cause
errors when using a C++ compiler. Thanks to Barry Smith for
bringing this to our attention.
- Fix possible segmentation fault during shutdown when using the
- Remove the "hierarch" coll component; it was not intended to be
included in stable releases yet.
- Fix a race condition with stdout/stderr not appearing properly from
all processes upon termination of an MPI job.
- Fix internal accounting errors with the self BTL.
- Fix typos in the code path for when sizeof(int) != sizeof(INTEGER)
in the MPI F77 bindings functions. Thanks to Pierre-Matthieu
Anglade for bringing this problem to our attention.
- Fix for a memory leak in the derived datatype function
ompi_ddt_duplicate(). Thanks to Andreas Schafer for reporting,
diagnosing, and patching the leak.
- Used better performing basic algorithm for MPI_ALLGATHERV.
- Added a workaround for a bug in the Intel 9.1 C++ compiler (all
versions up to and including 20060925) in the MPI C++ bindings that
caused run-time failures. Thanks to Scott Weitzenkamp for reporting
- Fix MPI_SIZEOF implementation in the F90 bindings for COMPLEX
- Fixes for persistent requests involving MPI_PROC_NULL. Thanks to
Lisandro Dalcin for reporting the problem.
- Fixes to MPI_TEST* and MPI_WAIT* for proper MPI exception reporting.
Thanks to Lisandro Dalcin for finding the issue.
- Various fixes for MPI generalized request handling; addition of
missing MPI::Grequest functionality to the C++ bindings.
- Add "mpi_preconnect_all" MCA parameter to force wireup of all MPI
connections during MPI_INIT (vs. making connections lazily whenever
the first MPI communication occurs between a pair of peers).
- Fix a problem for when $FC and/or $F77 were specified as multiple
tokens. Thanks to Orion Poplawski for identifying the problem and
to Ralf Wildenhues for suggesting the fix.
- Fix several MPI_*ERRHANDLER* functions and MPI_GROUP_TRANSLATE_RANKS
with respect to what arguments they allowed and the behavior that
they effected. Thanks to Lisandro Dalcin for reporting the
Server Virtualization Business Unit